The New 511 Traveler Information System for New Hampshire
On July 1, 2016, the 511 link on our main menu changed to newengland511.org. This new improved system is a replacement 511 Traveler Information System. This new service allows you to more specifically target the information you need.
- Sign Up to Receive Alerts Via Text or Email
To receive traffic-related alerts, sign up at http://newengland511.org and create a “My Trips” account.
How to Sign Up
- Go to newengland511.org
- Select the "My Trips" link in the top menu
- Click on the "Register for a new account" button
- Enter the requested data and click on "I agree to terms and conditions"
Please note: The phone number you enter must be your cell phone number in order to get trip text alerts
(the option to receive email alerts and/or text alerts is available in later steps.)
*Tip: Don't have a cell phone or not interested in text alerts? No problem. Just enter your regular phone number and select any carrier.
- Click on the "Create Account" Button
- The system will send you an email. You will need to confirm your account by clicking on the "Verify me" link in the email, or by copying and pasting the provided url into your browser to complete account verification.
- Once your account has been verified, you will be able to create your trip alerts to monitor.
How to Create a Trip Alert
- Go to http://newengland511.org
- Click on the “my trips” link
- Login by entering the email address and password you used when registering, click the “login” button
- Click the “add new trip” button
- Under step 1 - either enter a custom name for your trip or select one from the dropdown menu
- Under step 2 - Select the state, roadway, and segment you are interested in receiving alerts about. (click each dropdown arrow to see available options)
- Click on “add” button
- Click “save” button
- There are 4 icons (images) on the next screen, hover your mouse over each to see what each does.
- click on the “bell” icon image under the “alert” column to customize your trip alert
- On the next screen, select your preferences
- Under step 5-“send alert to”, select “Email” and/or "SMS" - Note: the phone number you entered at registration must be a cell phone number in order to receive text messages.
- Click the “save” button
- That’s it! You will now receive alerts for the topic you selected.
Have questions? Please send us an email at nhtmc.com/contact_us.html.
What Information is Available?
You can sign up to receive information on the following topics:
- Everett Turnpike
- Spaulding Turnpike
- All US and NH Routes